Updated - August 6th, 2021
Version 1.0, Revision 1
Please read the privacy statement below carefully.
Stemly is a cutting-edge decision science Software-as-as-Service (SaaS) platform for the enterprise, powered by autonomous forecasting and optimization.
Effective Date: 6th August 2021
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) sets out the basis which Stemly Pte Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customer in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”). By using this website, you consent to the data practices set out in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Statement:
“customer” means an individual or company representative who has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name and Identification information, such as your email address.
3. Other terms used in this Statement shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless
(a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after
i. you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and
ii. you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or
(b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the appropriate goods and/or services that you may be interested In;
(b) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(c) verifying your identity;
(d) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(e) conducting market research and customer satisfaction surveys;
(f) communicating with you on your enquiries, and/or sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information and materials relating to products and/or services that we, our partners and/or third party organisations with whom we are collaborating, may be selling or marketing;
(g) managing your relationship with us;
(h) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(i) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
12. If you wish to make
(a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or
(b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, implementation of two-factor authentication, and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
20. We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. If we do so, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
21. In addition to the aforementioned personal data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive and allocated to the browser used by you and through which the agency which sets the cookie (in this case Stemly) is provided with particular pieces of information. Cookies cannot execute applications or transfer viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the online service generally more user-friendly and effective.
(a) Transient cookies – Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This particularly includes session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, through which different requests by your browser may be allocated to a single session. This enables your computer to be recognized when you return to this Website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
(b) Persistent cookies – Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a pre-set period, which may differ depending on the type of cookie. You may at any time delete cookies in your browser’s security settings.
24. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Data Protection Officer
Email Address: [email protected]
25. This Statement applies in conjunction with any other statements, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
26. We may revise this Statement from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Statement was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.